Find a professional with expertise in return to work

When seeking professional advice on work after cancer, a useful starting point is one’s general practitioner who, in consultation with the oncologist, can either address issues or make an appropriate referral.

A referral to an occupational physician may assist with the health assessment and development of the return to work plan, in particular in complex conditions.  For listing of occupational physicians click here.

A referral to an occupational therapist may assist with functional assessment, design of rehabilitation plan, and education in safe work practices. For listing of occupational therapists click here.